3D printed plastic patterns
- High quality stereolithography surface finish.
- Dimensional accuracy +/- 0.2%.
PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate)
- Slightly less smooth surface finish but patterns are significantly cheaper.
- Resolution in X & Y axis 600dpi, layer thickness 150µm.
- Dimensional accuracy +/- 0.3%.
Patterns are created from CAD data.
Processes which utilise 3D printing are most suitable for low quantities.
Subsequent batches do not reduce in price as there is no tooling.
Resin and aluminium tooling
Standard production tooling can also be created from CAD data and used to form waxes in higher quantities. See Newby Investment castings for more information